23 September 2014 (Tuesday) - In The Nip

I went to bed shortly after 11pm last night, slept until 2.25am, and then was awake for much of the night after that. I wish I knew why (despite the CPAP machine's best efforts) some nights I barely sleep.
I gave up trying to sleep and got up just before 5.30am. It was a tad chilly today; for the first time this year I turned the bathroom heater on.

I had my morning herbalife shake; I'd made it last night and popped it in the fridge because that supposedly makes it thicker. And as I guzzled it I watched another episode of "Revolution". It started well; I'm rather concerned that the program has now reached the point that its lost its way. For a team of die-hard desperadoes, the main protagonists seem to spend a lot of time on general irrelevant do-gooding. And the main bimbo was wandering around in the nip for no adequately explored reason. Generally a show is struggling when the leading lady flops them out.
Mind you a leading lady with *them* flopped out was far more entertaining than the interview with Stephen Fry which came on the telly next.

It was still cold as I drove to work; I had the heater blowing to warm me up. But I suppose it is technically the first day of autumn.
As I drove I listened to the news. I do that; sometimes I think I shouldn't. People continue to fight, squabble and cheat each other as they have done for thousands of years.
The Americans are picking yet another international fight.
Tesco would seem to have been somewhat dishonest in their practices.
And the English delegation to the UK Parliament is in uproar wanting what has been promised to the Scots. The fact that the Scots have a Parliament and the English don't might be an obstacle to this, but what do I know?

Mind you Emma Watson (of Harry Potter fame) is to have nudey photos of her plastered round the Internet so realistically the day wasn't such a bad one.
I suppose that the day's news, like episodes of "Revolution" has to resort to nudity when all else fails to grip the audience.

And so to work for another hungry day; these herbalife shakes aren't cutting the mustard for me. Perhaps I'm just greedy?
Mind you it's quicker to gulp a shake than it is to eat a sandwich, so I had a few minutes longer to practie my saxophone. Practice went well; I'm reasonably pleased with my "Tiddly-om-pom-pom"s now.
And I feel I should mention that the inestimable Soup Boy has had a haircut; he now looks like a Romulan. I think it suits him.

I came home to find "My Boy TM" ransacking the house. He thought I might have a spare woggle; he didn't realise that it's probably five (or more) years since I packed in being a cub leader.
I took "Furry Face TM" round the park. There's a fun fair setting up in Viccie Park.
We had tea, then set off to Folkestone where we went up the back passage, and had a glass of port. After insults were bandied and birthday cakes were scoffed I slept through an episode of "The 100". I now have absolutely no idea of what is going on in that show.... but in a blatent act of jumping on the bandwagon the leading actress got her kit off too...

No comments:

Post a Comment