12 September 2014 (Friday) - Bit Dull

Over brekkie I watched more of the period drama about the life and times of Lillie Langtry. In today's episode she was nearly podgered by the King of Belgium, and had to fend off unwanted advances from Oscar Wilde. I always thought that it was a matter of historical record that Oscar Wilde "baked a moist sponge and bowled from the pavilion end"; perhaps the writers were using artistic licence. Or would a TV drama not be brave enough to tackle "that sort of thing".

I checked out the Internet; nothing much of note had happened overnight. And on my morning drive to work there was very little of interest on the radio, The squabble about Scottish independence goes on. And what a daft squabble it is. Apparently the vast majority of common sense is so against the idea that even the Royal Bank of Scotland is making plans to move to England should the vote go in favour of independence.

As I drove I was amazed at the piss-poor standard of driving shown by some of my fellow road users. I can understand how some drivers get a little stressed at some of the idiots on the road, but if you are determined to drive like a cock, it's always best to do so in a vehicle that *doesn't* have your company's name emblazoned all over it. I would suggest that employees of both Watling Tyres and CannonHygiene.com might like to ‎bear this in mind. Because those people I watched getting mowed off of the road today know to whom to address their complaints.

I got to work, did my bit, and came home again. I took “Furry Face TM round the park where we met a Gurkha family. And (as usual) they were terrified of my dog. The adults were shying away from him and trying to pull the children away too. One of the littluns knelt down and, to his mother’s horror, stroked my dog. He made quite a fuss of the little pup and told his mother “it’s only a dog”.
Mother remained unconvinced.

I spent much of the rest of the evening working on my latest Wherigo. Rather a dull day really. And then the phone rang. “Daddy’s Little Angel TMthinks her contractions have started. Bearing in mind she’s not due for three weeks I think it’s wind…


No comments:

Post a Comment