4 October 2024 (Friday) - Wedding Anniversary

When I’m on the early shift at Pembury (like I was supposed to be today) I like to set off about six o’clock so as to give myself time to get through the sets of temporary traffic lights that plague that journey. Having already phoned in sick I eventually woke up this morning about an hour after I would have started working.
I did another COVID test; I’ve got an appointment with the dental hygienist on Monday. They say that if I’m feeling OK and testing negative then I can go ahead with the appointment. I’m testing negative, and I think I’m on the mend. I’ve still got a little way to go, but I’m certainly better than I was.
 
I made toast and had a look at the Internet just in case I’d missed anything. There was a bit of a squabble about electric cars taking place on one of the Facebook pages I follow. It would seem the price of them is coming down, and having bought one, very few people them go back to a petrol or diesel car. I must admit I’d love an electric car. But… The things have a range of about two hundred miles (about!). Which is about (!) three trips to work. Bearing in mind that in the works car park there are spaces for two thousand cars and chargers for two cars. And also bearing in mind that I rarely get to park outside the house, an electric car remains impractical.
 
Despite feeling rather iffy I still took the dogs to the woods. They get fractious if not given a walk. We went to Longbeech where again a huge foreign camper van was taking up most of the car park. I’ve been told that this car park features on an on-line list of places where you can park a camper van for free, and that’s why there’s so often huge camper vans taking the piss.
Apart from Bailey rolling in fox poo the walk passed off rather well. For all that I was a gasping sweating mess when we got to the end of the walk, I was nowhere near as bad as I had been yesterday.
 
We came home, washed off the fox poo, hung out the washing, and I cracked on with geo-puzzling. After some herculean brain straining I eventually got the thumbs-up from the geo-checker on the puzzle with which I’ve been fighting for the last three days. If I’m feeling better that might make for a little mission over the weekend. Or it might not.
I then started on some more geo-puzzles in the Romney Marsh area. These ones are dead simple… in theory. The puzzle gives you a photo of a location on the Romney Marsh. All you have to do is find where that location is. Then once you’ve found where it is the puzzle tells you how far from that spot the actual geocache is, and in what direction. You can use a website (geocaching toolbox) to work out the final location given the photographed location, distance and direction. All you have to do is work out where the photograph was taken. And that’s easy enough. Google Street View will show you that.
There’s eight puzzles of this sort. I took screen shots of all eight final locations, and after an hour driving my lap-top round the Romney Marsh using Google Street View I hadn’t found any.
 
“er indoors TM boiled up a rather good bit of dinner this evening which we washed down with a bottle of plonk as we watched more “Bake Off: The Professionals”. Sometimes I wonder if I’d paid more attention to “Bossfrom my days at the Harbour Restaurant might I have ended up as a professional chef?
 
And in closing, today is my thirty-eighth wedding anniversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment