19 October 2024 (Saturday) - Dog Club, CITO, Geo-Meet, Dinner

The dogs took up an amazing amount of bed space last night. Eventually I got some space when they all followed “er indoors TM to the loo in the small hours, but when they came back there was an altercation about why Bailey was so smelly. For a very small cute dog she can be quite disgusting sometimes.
I got a little more kip, but not much.
 
I made toast and had a look at the Internet. It was still there, and much the same as ever. More and more I’m seeing utter drivel of no interest to me on my Facebook feed, and less and less of that which is actually interesting.
I munzed, and have now done all that I need to for this month’s Munzee Clan War – it is now down to everyone else. There was a little consternation on one of the other clans in that someone who needs to Munz daily hasn’t been on-line in ten days. But as long as it isn’t out clan, all is well.
And I got Wordle on the fifth attempt when I finally realized to use the American spelling. 
 
Being Saturday we set off to Dog Cub. Yesterday when working the weather was glorious. This morning we had rain. Not as heavy as it might have been, but heavier than I would have liked. We arrived at Dog Club where I’d decided that we’d open up and if the weather was that bad we’d come home. But having arrived expecting the worst we had a rather good session. Despite the rain we had a dozen dogs along. Morgan played nicely to begin with. He did get rather excited so we popped his muzzle on as a precaution and all was well. The dog we thought he’d been trying to nip came up to him several times and (with play-bows) invited him to play.
 
As we came home we listened to Steve on the radio. The mystery year was easy – Enya’s “Orinoco Flow” was in 1981… or so I was convinced. It was actually 1988… It is strange how your memory plays tricks on you; I can distinctly remember listening to this when still living at my mum’s. Another reason why it is worth my while writing a diary. Clearly I remember wrong.
We got home and dried off. I put on dry trousers and looked out my waterproof leggings, then scared up a couple of prizes for later.
 
With the rain finally looking as though it was clearing up we drove up to Badlesmere where I was staging today’s geo-meet. We started off on a litter-pick around Badlesmere Village Green. There wasn’t a lot of litter to be had, but what there was we had. Prizes were awarded for most litter collected (quite a bit) and most unusual litter (perfectly useable garden fork).
Mind you it has to be said that for all we collected some litter, we left some. Treacle’s lead went missing whilst we were there.
And with litter gathered we retreated to the Red Lion for a pint and a chat.
Bearing in mind the frankly dreadful weather forecast I was very pleased with the amount of people who came – there must have been twenty people along to the event today. Some people were old hands at the geo-meet game; others had their first meet-up today. As always the event passed off rather well. And just as it began to get a tad nippy so people went their various ways, and together with Karl and Tracy we came inside and had a rather good bit of dinner.
 
I took a few photos of our day. We came home, and we both had a little sleep. But not as much as the dogs did. It’s three hours past dog-dinner-time and they are still snoring.

No comments:

Post a Comment