3 October 2024 (Thursday) - And Still Feeling Grim

 

I slept rather well. I made toast and peered into the Internet, As I did I suddenly had a coughing fit, my temperature went through the roof and I came over incredibly sweaty. The first time I had COVID I can remember thinking the thing was something of a disappointment; I only knew I was ill as at the time work insisted we did tests twice a week. Such a shame I couldn’t have had that variety of COVID this time.
 
Facebook was rather quiet this morning. I had a munz from the comfort of the sofa. Today marked the start of this month’s Clan War. And then I got Worldle. Eventually.
Bearing in mind I wasn’t well I should have stayed home. But it was a bright sunny morning so I took the dogs out. Bearing in mind I was supposed to be back at work tomorrow I should have been up for a dog walk? Shouldn’t I?
We drove to Longbeech Woods for a change. We walked a rather short walk and at the end I was cold, clammy, breathless and dripping sweat. I phoned work and the boss agreed I should take tomorrow and Saturday off sick. Whilst this is obviously the sensible thing to do, part of me isn’t happy about this. Admittedly it isn’t that long since I had two weeks off sick following my nasal re-bore. But apart from that I can’t remember the last time I took sick leave. But it is because I don’t remember things like this that I write this diary. I had a week off sick last November when I had COVID last time, and then a week in April 2022 when I had a week off with COVID for the first time. And a week in January 2022 when I had my nose done last time.
I don’t think that’s a bad sick record really. I can remember back in the day when I was a manager having to have words with quite a few people who had taken at least one day off sick every week for more than a year.
But I still feel bad about it.
 
“er indoors TM said goodbye and went off to see “Daddies’ Little Angel TM. They were doing birthday things for grandson. I would have loved to have gone along, but it wouldn’t be fair for me to be breathing disease over everyone so I stayed home.
I had another look at the geo-puzzle with which I was fighting yesterday. And after ten minutes gave up. Instead I slobbed on the sofa with the dogs and watched a film on You-Tube. Just recently all the Star Trek related Facebook pages have been raving about the release of “Farragut Forward”; the latest fan-made Star Trek thing on You-Tube. Like all fan-made Star Trek things it was something of a disappointment. Filled with endless references to all the Star Trek series and films it didn’t actually feature anything new or original.
 
After this was the seemingly obligatory episodes of “Four in a Bed” in which everyone tries to justify that whatever it is with which they are finding fault is a serious misdemeanor when done by someone else, but actually perfectly acceptable when they do it themselves.
As I watched so my new digital thermometer arrived. The thing claims my temperature is fine. It probably is, and if it is (which it probably is) can only be a step in the right direction.
 
I made some toast for tea, and as I scoffed it I watched a film on Netflix. “Uglies” was rather good. In some ways it featured ideas which were already old fifty years ago when they formed the premise of “Logan’s Run”, but with a twist.
Apparently it was based on a book… wonder if I can get that on the Kindle?

No comments:

Post a Comment