8 September 2024 (Sunday) - Before the Night Shift

I slept right through till half past eight this morning. As I scoffed my toast so I got an email. A new geocache only a mile away. I sped off in the desperate hope of being first and got to where it was supposed to be only to find a geo-pal was already there hunting.
From the hint the thing should have been obvious. It wasn’t. After a few minutes my pal sent a message to the chap who’d hidden it. Or to be precise, the chap who had told Geocaching HQ that he had hidden it. Apparently he’d not got round to hiding the thing… even though when you go through creating a new one on-line you actually tick a box saying that you’ve hidden it and it is in place.
I sighed and came home.
 
As “er indoors TM pootled about I had a look at the internet. I rolled my eyes on our Munzee Clans Facebook page. There was a photo of something pretty central to Munzee Clans and someone had commented “What is this?” This would be like going onto a football page and asking what a goal was, or going on a cricket page and claiming you had no idea what a wicket was.
And then a notification came through that the chap who’d not hidden the geocache had gone out and done so.
 
The weather forecast for this morning was thunderstorms and a ninety per cent chance of rain. As we sat and looked at the glorious sunshine we thought we’d go out. So we went out and despite the glorious sunshine there were showers. Very odd showers. There would be torrential rain, then a hundred yards up the road the pavements were completely dry. And there was a glorious blue sky all the time.
We drove up to Eastwell where “er indoors TM had been told that some of her geocaches were missing. Replacing them made a short dog walk.
 
We came home and I spent a little while farting about on Amazon ordering bits and bobs. And after half an hour I went outside to pump up the car tyre. It had told me it had low pressure as we’d driven home. It had very low pressure. I’ve never seen it so low. By the time I’d driven it to Kwik Fit it was completely flat.
The nice man at Kwik Fit said he might be able to do something with it today, but they were busy and short-handed and I should leave it with them. He specifically said it wasn’t worth my while waiting.
As I walked home so the torrential rain started. I was soaked by the time I got home, and I’d developed a blister that bad burst and was profusely bleeding too. Just as I was taking off wet undercrackers so my phone rang. It was the nice man at Kwik Fit asking if I’d hit a pot hole today. “er indoors TM said I had as we’d driven back from Eastwell. The nice man at Kwik Fit said that would wreck a tyre… I wouldn’t mind quite so much if the tyre had been more than six weeks old; I’d only had the thing replaced on 26 July.
To add insult to injury he said I might like to go collect the car…  
 
And then my phone told me that the payment had been declined on all the stuff I’d bought from Amazon earlier. When the bank wrote to me a month ago and said they’d updated everything when they sent out my new credit card they lied.
 
“er indoors TM drove me out to get the car, and once home I went to bed for the afternoon. I’m hoping for an early dinner and then off to the night shift. I’m hoping to get up the motorway before it closes.
I wish the highways people would stop messing about.

No comments:

Post a Comment