16 September 2024 (Monday) - Packing

I slept like a log again last night which was something of a result. I made toast as I do and peered into the Internet as I do. Facebook suggested I might like to join a group called “Pot Smoking Atheists who like Dogs”. I didn’t join.
There wasn’t much else going on in cyberspace really. I Wordled and got it on the third go after an amazing triumph of pot luck over skill.
 
I took the dogs out for a walk. As we drove to the woods there was some program on the radio about freedom. It was one of those programs that Radio Four specializes in; so nonsensical that you find yourself listening in disbelief that such stark staring gibberish would be spouted on a national radio show. It started with some chap drivelling on about how no one is free unless they have the ability to do whatever they want. But everyone doing what they want will impinge on everyone else trying to do what they want. As is so often the way these days there was a lot of ranting about people’s rights, but very little said about people’s responsibilities. The second part of the show was given over to some Ukrainian poet who had the arse because she seemed to think that the entire Ukrainian conflict had been staged to undermine her freedom to spout bad poetry and so she had fled to England. Not for safety but so she could spout bad poetry in what she considered to be freedom.
 
We got to the woods and walked for nearly four miles. With Treacle away on her holiday I only had two dogs with me. Usually Treacle walks with me whilst the other two run about; today Bailey walked with me pretty much all the way. Do they think I need looking after?
We met several groups of dogs as we walked; the meetings mostly passed off uneventfully. But there was a minor episode with a group of cockerpoos. One of them got into a game of chase with Morgan, and after a couple of minutes Morgan got over-excited as he does. He started trying to nip the other dog. I shouted at him and threatened him with having his muzzle put on. He immediately stopped still, then slinked over to me with his ears down and looking very shamefaced.
I’m seeing that as a result.
 
We came home. I did a bit of ironing, and packed for our holiday, then prepared a gpx file. And then with less than a day to go I had a stroke of genius and spent much of the afternoon trying to get my old phone sparked up and back to life. I had this naïve idea that I might get a data only e-sim card for it. Having spent three hours charging it and updating the software and removing the apps I don’t use and updating the apps I will use, I then discovered that the thing doesn’t support e-sims.
I shall take it anyway and see if I can buy a data only sim card somewhere. Anything would be cheaper that what my mobile provider wants – two quid per megabyte.
 
“er indoors TM went bowling and I watched the last episode of Kaoswhich was rather good.
I really should have an early night – the adventure starts tomorrow.
 
And that’s me done for a little while. The next diary entry on here will (probably) appear in two weeks time. I’m off on my holidays in the morning… 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment