8 September 2022 (Thursday) - Sorting Things Out

I woke this morning to the realisation that I am now an orphan. But there was no point in sulking; life goes on. Despite the drizzle I hoiked the puppies into the garden to do their business. Morgan particularly wasn’t keen. Eventually he tiddled, but I should have persevered with him as five minutes later I found a fresh turd under the table. To be fair to him I’d rather not “go” in the rain.
 
I made toast, and had a look at the Internet. There was an impressive squabble on one of the Facebook “Blakes Seven” pages in which someone or other had written an in-depth critique of some obscure episode (from forty years ago) and had taken offence at the postings of others who he had offended. There are quite a few people making these in-depth critiques of obscure TV shows on social media at the moment. They remind me of my old English teacher who used to take a half-way decent novel and kill it stone-dead with over-analysis.
 
We went to the woods and got incredibly wet. We came home and I gave the dogs a hot shower before driving down to Hastings. I met up with my brother and we (eventually) found where Dad had left his will… it wasn’t where he told us it was…
But having the confirmation that we were the executors was all that we needed to know. So knowing that we popped to the funeral directors and got the wheels in motion. As we drove to the funeral directors we saw that the East Hastings Angling Society was flying their flag at half- mast in his honour,
 
We then spent the afternoon on something of a pub crawl in his honour…  We found some good pubs and some bad ones.. If you haven’t got a TripAdvisor Account, please set one up and be very rude about this place.
 
Oh… and whilst I was drinking myself silly the Queen died… I have it on reliable authority that Dad won’t have a funeral before the middle of October. I bet Her Majesty will be buried within a fortnight…

No comments:

Post a Comment