8 August 2022 (Monday) - Exbury Gardens

Being awake too early again I had a quick look at the Internet and sent out some birthday wishes (as I do) and waited for the dogs to wake before making any noise disposing of their “things”; once the dogs are awake, so is everyone else

With everyone else awake (and dog poo and dead sparrow disposed of) we had a particularly good bit of brekkie,  then drove down to Exbury Gardens. Having spend some time fighting with their on-line booking system yesterday I was pleased to see that our booking had worked. We got straight in and started off on the little steam train that goes round the place. Treacle in particular was fascinated by it.

From here we clambered all over the wooden assault course thingy (well, me and the girls did!) before going to the falconry display.

 

It has to be said that the falconry display was something of a disappointment. The chap with the birds was reluctant to let the birds fly as they might catch a thermal and fly off. I was rather of the opinion that flying off was something at which birds excelled, but what do I know? In the end the chap wheeled on a couple of hawks which flew ten yards, one which refused to do anything, and an owl which walked over some children who were idiot enough to lie down and get walked over.

I won’t say his display was crap but Pogo is more deserving of applause and he’d not really done much but pull on the lead for much of the day.

 

We found the ice cream stall and had ice creams all round (including the dogs), then had a good walk round the park; it was a shame it was so hot but there was a breeze, and when you got into the shade it wasn’t too baking hot. Especially when the sprinklers caught you. “er indoors TM got soaked.

 

After five hours we were a tad peckish and moved on to the Royal Oak where we had a particularly good bit of dinner. My liver and bacon was excellent, and looking round the table there wasn’t anything I wouldn’t have scoffed.

 

We came home, and after a couple of games of cards I fell asleep whilst everyone else played “Cluedo”; a rather tricky game which needs you to think and play attention. I struggle at that.

I took a few photos today. As I do. And now I’m really tired…

No comments:

Post a Comment