7 August 2022 (Sunday) - Clay Hill Heath

Despite a rather vivid dream in which the Kent geocaching fraternity all turned up at our holiday cottage to stage a “who’s the sweatiest” contest, I slept well. I would have slept better had my phone been a tad quieter. Despite having made a point of turning off its wi-fi and mobile data they turned themselves back on to tell me about a rather trivial email at half past five, and then Pogo dabbed at me until I said “Good Morning” at which point he went straight back to sleep.

 

I had a shave (without slicing another lump out of my chin) and as everyone else dozed I made a cuppa and had a look at the Internet.

It was still there.

 

We had brekkie, and then drove five miles to Lyndhurst where we parked the cars and had a little wander round the woods. Clay Hill Heath was a very pretty place to walk; it tired the dogs (and me). We had a short walk; after an hour and a half we were back where we’d started and after a little sandwich we took the scenic route back to base (I say “scenic route”; everywhere is scenic in the New Forest) via the co-op in Brockenridge for more supplies.

 

And with supplies acquired we had a very relaxing afternoon in the garden quietly soaking up said supplies. A very good dinner was scoffed (quiche – hot or cold? – there is only one correct answer!), and after five pints of very good ale we moved on to the port (and stilton!).

It was at this point that I remembered all the dog dung and the dead sparrow – I’ll take them to the bin tomorrow. It’s all too vague right now…

I took one or two photos today, Today was a good day,

 

Meanwhile back in reality there have been a couple of updates. “Stormageddon – Bringer of Destruction TM  had got himself locked in the lavatory, and “Daddy’s Little Angel TM” was looking for guidance on replacing the lavatory door which (presumably) got destroyed in the process of releasing him. And her phone has also been destroyed as well… If any of my loyal readers have a spare phone or a spare lavatory door…

And the puppies are doing well on their little break. Morgan is being somewhat naughty having managed to nick cake which he is not allowed, but Bailey is behaving.

I must admit it is a serious weight off of my mind that the puppies are being looked after so well whilst we are away.

No comments:

Post a Comment