16 August 2022 (Tuesday) - This n That

I would say I slept better last night, but I'm not sure that would be true. I slept longer, but seemed to spend much of the night in a rather perplexing dreamscape. Having scored top marks in the works' "Zombie Apocalypse Training" program, I was seconded to the hospital's training department to lead "Zombie Apocalypse Training" for all staff. And then found myself faced with a real-life (death?) Zombie Apocalypse.

I was rather pleased to wake up.

 

Treacle made me laugh this morning. Her attitude to the puppies is rather inconsistent. Yesterday evening she and they were playing very nicely together in the garden. Paul and his boys visited yesterday evening and Treacle growled at them and wouldn't let them near the puppies. This morning the puppies were terrified to go near the bed as Treacle was guarding it and wouldn't let them anywhere near it.

Once the dogs had sorted themselves out and gone back to sleep I made toast and watched an episode of "The Sandman" (featuring Remus Lupin from "Harry Potter" as a well-intentioned idiot) before setting off for work.

 

As I got into my car so not-so-nice-next-door got into her car and made a point of blanking me. It was rather laughable;  parking her car against the traffic she was staring right at me whilst pointedly ignoring me. A shame really; I feel I should point out the ridge tiles on her roof that are about to come off.

She then tried to turn her car round. That too was rather laughable. I must admit I often find myself asking if she has ever had any driving lessons, let alone actually passed the driving test; she is terrible at driving.

With her finally out of the way I set off to work listening to the radio as I do. there was more talk about the situation in Afghanistan one year after the western forces effectively abandoned the place.

And there was talk of COVID vaccines too.

 

Just as I drove in the hospital drive I saw a colleague walking past. I smiled and waved, as did he. And a short while later I heard he'd phoned in sick. Had he turned round and gone home, or does he have a double?

 

Work was work; but getting home was hard work. It took as long to drive the two miles from work to the motorway as it did the twenty miles from there to home.

I got home just as “er indoors TM was taking the dogs out. Rather than going with them I took the opportunity to get the event shelter packed away before the forecast rain came. Mind you the thing wasn’t entirely dry; the feet into which the poles fit each had an inch of a rather pungent liquid in them. I couldn’t say with absolute certainly that it was Morgan piss… but there’s not many other possibilities.

To think that having him was my idea…

No comments:

Post a Comment