5 August 2022 (Friday) - New Forest Day One

This morning was a tad hectic what with packing for holiday, but eventually I got myself and the puppies organised and leaving “er indoors TMwith the bigger dogs I took the babies to their home for the next week. After a few minutes they settled, and I drove round to Sittingbourne where I parked the car, and waited for “er indoors TM to arrive to collect me. I had this stroke of genius whereby “er indoors TM might pick me up, and there was my mistake…

 

I stood at the bus stop as “er indoors TM would drive past it and that was a sensible place for her to collect me… The bus came and I told the little old lady standing there that I wasn’t waiting for the bus and that she might like to get on the bus. She didn’t like that. I wasted five minutes trying to persuade her that I didn’t want the bus. Eventually she got on the bus and told the driver that I didn’t want the bus. The driver wasn’t happy. “You alright, mate?” he called to me. I explained that I didn’t want to get on the bus, and after a few minutes it became clear that the driver was going to physically throw me on to the bus…

 

“er indoors TM arrived with the dogs and we set off to the New Forest munzing as we went… we stopped off at Cobham services. “er indoors TM went to the loo and I walked the dogs round the car park where I met more idiots. Pogo had a poop and as I was about to pick it up some passing idiot announced that he would “rub his f…ing nose in it”, then looked at me, realised what he’d said, tried to run away in terror, tripped over the kerb and fell flat on his face in a hedge.

As we walked away some young girl came the other way with a dog which was snarling and growling at us. I went to her left to get away… so did she. I went to her right to avoid her… so did she… I told her I was trying to avoid her snarling dog. She replied that she was trying to bring her dog to say hello…

And then some passing woman tried to make such a fuss of Treacle that Treacle slipped her collar.

 

Winchester services was every bit as bad. There was some upper class twit and his equally inbred offspring in the M&S seemingly oblivious to the fact that there was a universe around them; seemingly deliberately blocking everyone else from getting to any of the shelves.

And then there was the small child who couldn’t walk. I say “couldn’t walk”… this child was staring into space and its mother gave it a huge shove. It staggered forward half a dozen paces until it stopped when mother gave it another shove. And so it continued. If only mother could have shoved it somewhere other than in my way.

It was with a sense of relief that we got to our holiday cottage… I took a few photos today I actually had a very good day; it wasn’t all about the idiots who seem to plague my life. It was a shame that the lap-top doesn’t want to talk to my phone any more but eventually I uploaded them…

No comments:

Post a Comment