8 September 2016 (Thursday) - Bit Bored

My piss boiled somewhat when I had a look-see on-line over brekkie this morning. The official geocaching blog made a howler of an admission.
When I go geocaching I use third-party software on my GPS unit and then use more third-party software to do my geo-admin. Or I use an app on my phone which a private individual developed. I *don’t* use the official app because it is not fir for purpose.
I go out looking for sandwich boxes which were put out by the public, and were reviewed by volunteers. Just recently a decision was made to only allow challenges on the geocaching website which were administered by other volunteers. Today geocaching dot com’s official blog admits that the app they have made to do the hobby they own isn’t anywhere near as good as apps made by other people. And have you seen their website; I leaves a *lot* to be desired.
I can’t help but wonder what goes on at geocaching HQ; they are entirely dependent on volunteers and third-party hobbyists to keep going, but they seem to have loads of paid staff, What do these people do with our money?

I popped the lead onto "Furry Face TM" and we set off out early. The idea was to get to Badlesmere before the rush hour traffic picked up, and to be finished with our walk before the heat of the day set in. Just as we were leaving the phone rang. "Daddy’s Little Angel TM" wondered what we were up to. She wanted to come on the walk, so we drove round and waited about for her and "Stormageddon - Bringer of Destruction TM".
We eventually got to Badlesmere, but only got fifty yards into the planned walk before giving up. I blame myself; I should have paid more attention to what they were wearing. Flimsy shorts and T shirts don’t stand up to stinging nettles. Being totally unprepared we abandoned and came home. The plan was to get long trousers and try again, but as we drove she got a better offer. We arrived back in Ashford at about the sort of time I’d actually planned to be finishing the walk, so I just took "Furry Face TM" round the park and sulked a bit.

With nothing else to do I went up into town to have a look around. I only look round Ashford once every few months. Today I came to the conclusion that the town now is nothing but tattooists, hairdressers and charity shops. I’d got a two-hour parking ticket; I was on my way home after half an hour.
I came home via the vets. They’d sent me a letter saying that I should pick up flea treatment and worming treatment for Fudge. I got there to be met by blank faces; he wasn’t due for either. Apparently their system randomly tell people treatments are due when they are not.
Ironically I then got two texts from the vets during the afternoon asking me to collect flea and worming medicines…

Over a spot of lunch I watched one of the episodes of “Game of Thrones” that my SkyPlus box recorded yesterday, then ironed for three hours before spending an hour or so dozing on the sofa. I don’t like doing that, so I forced myself awake, and spent a little while looking at my website. When mankybadger dot com died (actually was killed by EE) a lot of stuff went with it. Although most was backed up, some of it was probably best left to die… I spent an hour this afternoon bringing back the most relevant stuff (although I’m still working on the batcamp bits). But I’m in two minds about the kite and the snakes and the bike ride stuff. That was from ages ago; it isn’t really relevant anymore is it? On rummaging I found *loads* of stuff from way back when. Once I’ve sorted the batcamp archives I might put up some of the old stuff just for fun.

"er indoors TM" came home and boiled up a rather good bit of dinner which we devoured whilst watching “Tattoo Fixers”. I’ve decided exactly what I want for my new tattoo… when I can afford it.

No comments:

Post a Comment