30 September 2016 (Friday) - Astro Club

I did my bit on the night shift; I was glad when the relief arrived at 8am. However I was rather dismayed as I drove home. For some years there has been two scarecrows in a field near the A28 in Chilham. These two regularly change their clothes. Once they were done up as a bride and groom; sometimes they are in in hunting garb. At Christmas they are Santa and an elf.
This morning they were gone. I hope they are coming back.

Once home I took "Furry Face TM" round the park. He was a good dog; only trying to hump one other dog as we walked. It was only a shame that it was OrangeHead’s dog that he tried to hump.
We came home and I then went to bed for a few hours. I would have slept longer but for someone from Mumbai phoning claiming to want to claim PPI refunds on my behalf. I swore at him quite vigorously but he didn’t take the hint, so I explained in works of one syllable exactly what “F- you and F- the horse you rode in on” meant until he took the hint and hung up.
I have always maintained that when insulting someone if you insult their horse then they know you mean business.

Over a late brekkie I watched the most recent episode of “Game of Thrones” that my SkyPlus box had recorded. I think the machine made some sort of mistake; there was no jugs or willies to be seen.
I looked at the housekeeping bank account. Not only has Fudge’s medical policy monthly payments doubled, but the insurance people still haven’t paid up for his recent illness. I phoned the insurance people. Apparently they sometimes take two months’ money in one go (!), and they are still waiting to hear back from the vet about why the policy documents show a recent change of address. I explained (again) that the dog’s change of address was three years ago and it has taken the vets three years to finally update the records, but they wanted to hear this from the vets. They’ve only been waiting for a reply for three weeks…
In the meantime I’m still six hundred pounds out of pocket.

And so to McDonalds where I met up with Stevey. Steve, Sarah and "er indoors TM" soon joined us, and we had a rather good McDinner. And with that scoffed we went on to Woodchurch for Astro club. With our speaker stuck on a Eurostar somewhere near Lille the evening could have been somewhat disastrous, but Ibouight along a backup lecture just in case he couldn’t make it. In the end the chap did arrive. We had a very good meeting. One or two I.T. hiccups, but to my mind that was all part of the fun.
The club has had its ups and downs but with over sixty people along tonight I think it might be back on track. It’s now moving away from being an austere polished professional business and back towards being a fun club to which all are welcome. A move for the better.

Now to watch bake-off… once "er indoors TM" comes home with the shopping.



No comments:

Post a Comment