4 February 2013 (Monday) - A(nother) Walk

I woke with serious aches this morning. probably something to do with the serious walking I've been doing this weekend. Whilst I was shoving brekkie down my neck "Daddies Little Angel TM" arrived with Sid, and she promptly harangued Fudge and Sid about what "normal dogs" do. If "normal dogs" are like "normal people", then I'm not sure I'm interested.

We got the dogs leaded up and set off on a little walk. Through the park where Fudge seemed far better behaved than yesterday. He's probably terrified of his Auntie Kat though. Whilst walking we met up with Rachel and Misty coming back the other way. Did they want to come on our walk with us? Perhaps we should have told them what we had in mind. Having driven her car to the park because it's a little way from home to the park, we then dragged them on a three hour six-plus mile walk around the countryside south of Ashford.
But I think they enjoyed the walk. Bartlett's Lane, Long Length, miles of mud, carrying dogs over stiles. There was a dodgy five minutes when Fudge vanished under a fence and wouldn't come back. We blew the whistle to no avail, so "Daddies Little Angel TM" clambered the barbed wire to find him. After a couple of minutes Fudge came back, but "Daddies Little Angel TM" was stuck in the brambles and thickets and couldn't get back herself. Oh how me and Rachel laughed.

We hid two geocaches on our way to the disgust of "Daddies Little Angel TM". To keep her sweet I named one after Sid. It's only fair, Fudge has seven named after him. We came home via the pet shop where we got guinea pig requisites. Once home we did University work. "Daddies Little Angel TM" is doing media studies, and we watched the Noel Cowerd film "In Which We Serve". Well, that is I watched it. She and the dogs fell asleep.

Once awake "Daddies Little Angel TM" set off on a mission leaving me with two sleeping dogs which I let lie. I spent the afternoon doing the on-line astro-biology course. Again it was very interesting but I didn't really learn an awful lot of new stuff. Instead it seems to take stuff I already know and put it into a different perspective. Which isn't a bad thing I suppose.

After tea "er indoors TM" set off bowling and I checked my emails. Both geocaches that I'd hidden have been found. One within thirteen minutes of the cache going live. Thirteen minutes... (!)


No comments:

Post a Comment