9 February 2013 (Saturday) - Dull

I had a rather good bit of tea as well as probably too much to drink last night. DLA does boil up a decent bit of scran when she puts her mind to it. I suppose that it's therefore no surprise that this morning's weigh in showed no weight loss. Mind you it showed no gain either. Realistically whist weight loss is good, no gain is probably what I should be aiming for.
I checked my emails and saw that a new geocache went live last night. It wasn't very far from where me and Fudge had our walk yesterday. That was a shame - if it had gone live earlier we might have been able to go look for it. Oh well - next week....

The car was covered in ice when I set off at 7.30am. Thick ice. It was almost as if a heavy rain had frozen on it. This was odd as it wasn't a particularly cold morning. In any event the ice soon shifted, and I set off to work. And then came home to collect my phone and lunch and everything else I'd forgotten.
I thought I'd have a look in Sainsbury's as it was (almost) on my way to work. Sainsburys - oh dear. I have heard it said that Sainsburys exists to keep the riff-raff out of Waitrose. I though that was a joke until this morning. Sainsburys don't give their stuff away, do they? The Ashford branch has been re-built since I was last there - I couldn't find what I wanted, and when I did find it I didn't buy it because I wasn't prepared to pay their prices. It wa a shame I'd spent a few minutes clearing ice from the car or I would have gone to Morrisons on the way to work. As it was I got to work with only a few minutes to spare.

A busy day, and having done my bit I came home. There was an odd play on the radio about the Spanish civil war. It was strangely interesting, which was more than could be said of the rest of today really...

Meanwhile down under an epically bosomed young lady is robbing petrol stations; using her "ample charms" to get close to attendants who she then threatens with a knife. It's sad that people are so shallow that they are taken in by something as simple as the waggling of a gargantuan pair of norks. I wouldn't fall for that... much...

No comments:

Post a Comment