5 Mo-Vember 2009 (Thursday) - A Late Start

Being on a late start I hoped for a bit of a lie-in. I’ve heard this theory that for some people, they subconsciously don’t like being woken. So having an alarm set means that they will wake before that alarm goes off. But with no alarm, they will just sleep until they wake naturally. That seems to be how it works for me. So I was just a tad miffed to be woken by drills and assorted road working noises at 8am.


Once the girls had gone, I set the washing machine going and did the washing up. And was rather confused that I could still hear running water once I’d filled the sink and turned the taps off. The sleeve of a jumper was caught in the washing machine’s door, and water was gushing out. Oh how I laughed, whilst I cleared up the floods.


And then I had a mooch around Wickes and Homebase for metal fences. I would have mooched more, but I was going to be late for work. I think I’ll try some garden centres at the weekend. And so to work, where I am reliably informed that my beard is the best of the half a dozen being cultivated for Mo-Vember. If this is the best, you can only imagine those at the other end of the spectrum.

The idea for the evening was to go to the fireworks at the catholic school in Folkestone, but seeing as I only had a week’s notice that I was on a late tonight, I worked and sulked whilst others went out. I didn’t finish work until an hour after the fireworks were all done.


Over on blogs linked to mine I see that two very good friends of mine have (almost) simultaneously developed diabetes. There’s a family history of late-onset diabetes in my tribe, so it’s only a matter of time till I get it too. Perhaps my diet will postpone the inevitable. In the last month or so of my diet I’ve lost over a stone and a half. And the girls at work have (politely) told me that the roll of fat on the back of my head has gone. That’s nice. Weight loss is dead easy. No meat, no bread, no potatoes, no sweets. Less beer. More exercise.

And eat with the smallest fork you can find. You get *so* fed up with the mechanics of eating, you stop being hungry.

That's what I'm doing at the moment, and the weight is falling off. Granted the food you can eat can be a tad dull at times.... but you can't have everything... Mind you. The recipe book we’re using at home is pretty good. The scran’s not bad at the moment.


My Boy TM ” has just bought me a present – a huge tube of pink smarties. Perhaps now isn’t a good time to be admitting to that….


1 comment: