18 Mo-Vember 2009 (Wednesday) - Dentists and Laundry

Regular readers may recall I visited the dentist a fortnight ago, only to be brushed off with “come back if it don’t get better”. I went back today. The chap I usually see was on holiday, and so I explained the problem to his stand-in. To be fair to the chap, his spoken English was (probably) better than my spoken Urdu, but there was still just the teensiest problem with communication. His immediate reaction was to refer me to the hospital to have the problem wisdom tooth removed. Which was my plan, too. But then he had a change of heart. He announced it would be foolish to remove it if it wasn’t being troublesome. I reminded him that the thing regularly swells so much that I can’t close my jaws. He wasn’t convinced. I also pointed out that I’d been to the dentist twice in two weeks about it. How troublesome did the tooth have to be? He conceded defeat, and said that if the hospital hasn’t contacted my by Xmas, I should chase things up.


And I found out today that I am “trailer trash”. During the summer months I stick my laundry outside on the line to dry it after the wash. Despite the environmentally friendliness of it, did you know that six U.S. states have banned the use of clothes lines, and another five states are considering doing so. You can get a fine of $100 dollars for airing your smalls in public, which is about the cost of drying a month’s worth of washing.


And we get asked to cut down on the amount of energy we use…


2 comments:

  1. Not told to cut down on energy here. Most wouldn't have a clue what a "carbon footprint" is. My friend thinks it is marvelous that her car gets 17 miles to the gallon.
    Sigh.............

    ReplyDelete
  2. global warming's a crock, ooh now there's Controversial! :o)

    ReplyDelete