26 December 2021 (Sunday) - Boxing Day

Apart from a trip to the loo at five o’clock I was out like a light for ten hours last night which was something of a result. I woke to find Treacle scrambling at the bed covers; she’d got a squeaky toy for Christmas and loved it so much she’d taken it to bed last night and couldn’t find it this morning.

 

Having been woken I got up, made toast and had a look-see at the Internet. There were quite a few photos of people’ Christmases which I liked looking at. I’m a very nosey person!! The photo of myself in the hospital blood bank which I had posted to the works Facebook page had got quite a few “likes”, but not as many as last year’s. Last year the photo I posted there had more than twice the number of “likes” that the second-most liked photo had. It’s not about the numbers – all the time your number is highest(!)

There were quite a few duplicate, triplicate and quadruplicate postings on Facebook as people posted photos of Lego, dogs, records, and the like to every single Facebook group of whatever the theme was. There was a particularly good posting on the Jackshund page of a little dog which looked just like Fudge destroying his Christmas coat just like Fudge would have done. I had a little blub, and then set a COVID test going.

As it incubated I looked in my in-box in the naïve hope of a new geocache… for a few years I got a First to Find on Boxing Day. But not this year. There’s been more requests to have old geocache archived this month than there have been new caches published, and (apart from the two I created) nothing new local for ages. Oh well…

 

Seeing a break in the rain we took the dogs to the park. However the rain soon started again and we brought back two seals (the dogs were that soaked) and I then spent a couple of minutes wringing out my pants. We were out for half an hour and got soaked to the skin.

Suitably equipped with dry pants “er indoors TM” made us a caramel latte and we downed it with a Mr Kipling After Eight Fondant Fancy which was all the better for being past its sell-by date.

As I guzzled and scoffed I started putting together next year’s birthday video. Every year I make a little video which I can post to people’s Facebook pages when they have a birthday. The video features various piccies from my life over the previous year… it’s a little unique thing that I can do. It seems to go down well. I shall post it to You-Tube in a day or so, but won’t use it until next year. Which is only a week away.

With the dogs snoring we drove round to “My Boy TM” ‘s house where we had a rather god afternoon. Far too much to eat and drink, and once stuffed we had a rather good game of “Monopoly”. It would have been better had I not been wiped out first, but there it is.
We then scoffed even more… I would have liked to have stayed longer, but I don’t relax when the dogs are home alone… we came home to find them fast asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment