3 December 2021 (Friday) - Bad Girl Treacle !!

As I scoffed toast I watched what turned out to be the last episode of “F is for Family”. I rather enjoyed all five seasons of the show but the last one didn’t so much end as fizzled out. There isn’t to be a sixth season. Probably for the best I suppose; better these TV shows end on a high.

 

I then sparked up the lap-top to see what was going on in cyber-space. There wasn’t much happening really. There was a little consternation being expressed on one of the geocaching Facebook pages in that it turns out that the rules governing the setting of the newest sort of geocache say that you aren’t allowed to put these ones anywhere where there is an entrance fee. This is utterly at odds with all the existing geocache types… and yet another example of how inconsistent the how geocaching world is. Quite the argument kicked off about it.

I had a quick munz form the comfort of the sofa and got ready for work.

 

I had a little chuckle as I walked down the road to find my car. Usually on a Friday the bins are thrown all over the pavements by the bin-men; mothers have to push their push-chairs down the road as the pavements are left impassable. But in the hope of a Christmas box the bin-men take a little time putting the bins back at this time of year. And those who move the bins into position an hour before the bin lorry comes *don't* scream and shout across the roads to each other at five o'clock at this time of year either. Cynical? Possibly. But that's how it is down our road. Come and have a look on a Friday morning.

 

I set off and after a couple of minutes the car radio jumped to "Classic FM" and the touch screen resisted all attempts at being touched. After a couple more minutes it came back to life again. What was that all about?

I took a rather circuitous  route to work. Today was the first day of the new Munzee clan war and I munzed a third of my "Places of Interest" requirement for this month.  Go me!!

As I drove and once the radio was on the right station the pundits on the radio were interviewing some woman or other who was some big cheese in the Labour party. I can't remember who she was. Back in the day the opposition politicians were taken a little more seriously as government would change from Conservative to Labour and back again whenever there was a General Election.  These days it is quite clear that Labour have pretty much given up and so whatever they have to say is of passing interest at best. Which is certainly not good for the country.

 

I got to work; I did my bit. We had something of a "parasite day" .... I won't go into details; what I do for a living would turn many people's stomachs.  Let's just say that Sleeping Sickness sounds far more glamourous than it actually is.   Clicking the link tells you all about an African disease… today’s was from South America.

 

I was a few minutes late getting out this evening (such is hospital work) and then spent an age trying to get my car near home. Ever since the KFC up the road started taking Deliveroo orders the place has had an endless stream of Deliveroo drivers recklessly abandoning their cars in the general area as they run in to get food orders. I wouldn’t mid so much if they parked sensibly, but they really do recklessly abandon their cars in the general area, and if their car completely blocks the traffic, then that is a shame.

 

I came home to two letters from the local hospital. Regular readers of this drivel may recall that last week they sent me a letter asking me to register details of my CPAP machine but their answer machine was full, and that I finally managed to leave them a message on Tuesday. Today they sent me two letters; one reminding me to send them the CPAP machine’s details, and one thanking me for having done so.

Shortly after I got home “er indoors TM” and the dogs arrived home. Pogo was in fine form, but “er indoors TM” was spitting bullets and Treacle was covered in shit. Quite literally; she’d managed to find some and roll in it. Dogs can be such foul creatures…

Treacle is still in trouble. I don’t think she cares…

No comments:

Post a Comment