28 December 2020 (Monday) - Another Day Off

Again I slept well – over eight hours in the land of nod… can’t be bad. I got up and my piss boiled… What is it with weather forecasts? Why do we take any notice of them? Why don’t Tomasz Schafernaker, Carol Kirkwood, Michael Fish and the like just be honest and admit that they haven’t got a clue what the weather is going to do? With overnight snow and ice and constant rain forecast for today I woke to a glorious morning. I wish I could be as incompetent in my job as weather forecasters are. “Oh – was it cancer? I thought it was a cold!” and then we all have a good laugh….

I came downstairs, gathered up Sid’s turds and then chivvied him outside where he had a tiddle. I suppose turd is easier to clear up than tiddle. Did I ever mention that I never wanted dogs? I made toast and scoffed it whilst watching the last of Netflix’s “Alien Worlds” series in which a fictitious intelligent alien civilisation was moving house (planet). There was quite a bit of speculation in this episode, but it made for good viewing whilst I waited for "er indoors TM" to emerge from her pit.

I sparked up my lap-top. I had yet another friend request from a young lady of (possibly) dubious morals. I considered telling the Facebook Feds about her but decided against doing so – it has been well established over the years that it is quite acceptable for others to try to peddle filth at me on Facebook, but I am not allowed to mention that they have done so.

 

Seeing a bright morning we took the dogs to the park. As we walked there was a a minor ruckus on a doorstep in Christchurch Road. Some chap with a “Deliveroo” bag was delivering McBreakfast to a house… or was trying to. A hysterical voice inside the house was repeatedly screeching “who the f… is it?” Who the f… did she think it was going to be?

We got to the park; we had a good walk; but not the best. Pogo was a tad shouty and Fudge was a tad wilful. But with the woods being a swamp after the recent heavy rains, the park was probably the best bet for today.

And with walk walked we settled the hounds and drove down to Hastings to spend a bit of time with Mum on her birthday. Probably not Tier 4 compliant, but Mum’s not as well as she has been, and (in all honesty) just how many people *are* following the rules? (I say “rules” – the so-called COVID rules are vague suggestions at best!)

 

We came home, and we spent the afternoon on the sofa watching episodes of “Four in a Bed”. I did think about doing more Lego, but a lazy afternoon was a good plan.

"er indoors TM" sorted out cold meat and pickle (it is the week after Christmas, after all!) and we scoffed it whilst watching the most recent episode of “Star Trek: Discovery”. It wasn’t a bad episode… I suppose. It would have been better had I cared about any of the main characters. The minor characters in the show are quite likeable, but the lead characters are (for me) like bread and butter pudding with legs.

Such a shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment