6 September 2026 (Sunday) - Bobbing

I put that wrist brace thingy on last night and had a far better night’s sleep. Mind you the previous night shift probably helped. I got up at eight o’clock, put some washing in, had a shave, made toast and peered into the Internet. It was the same as ever. No matter what the subject (this morning it included amongst many others pond fish, pythons, the history of Folkestone, garden birds, cafes in Hastings and the late Kenneth Williams) people were bickering and squabbling.
 
I Munzed, and Wordled from “brace” through “binge” and “bulge” to “beige” and then the dogs came downstairs. The two smallest went out for a widdle, and Treacle grabbed the first thing that she shouldn’t have and proudly marched round showing off what she had taken. She’s always done that. She doesn’t chew or damage anything; just walks round showing off what she’s got. I retrieved that which she shouldn’t have, and she then jumped onto the sofa and started a fight with me.
I won the fight (eventually) then voomed round the garden harvesting turds. Some of the potted shrubs looked thirsty so I gave them a slosh with the watering can. The plants would arguably do better being planted directly into the ground, but they are far tidier in pots.
 
We set off for the day’s adventure. We went to Aldi where the beer selection was frankly disappointing. So we drove round to Sainsbury’s where the place wasn’t full of ill-behaved brats running riot.
From there we drove up to Bobbing where we met up with Karl and Tracey.
Pausing only briefly for Morgan to roll in hedgehog poo we went for a little walk across to Newington and back. It was a rather good walk which had the advantage of being rather flat and was only marred by “er indoors TM coming off second best in an altercation with a wasp.
We came back to Karl and Tracey’s and spent the afternoon sitting in the sunshine… right up to the point where the rain started. It was then that things became rather vague. I took a few photos today – It’s amazing what happens when you don’t pay attention…

No comments:

Post a Comment