4 May 2024 (Saturday) - Dog Club and Badlesmere

I had a little fight with the toaster this morning before I was able to get anything out of it. As I settled down to scoff it so’s “er indoors TM also had a fight with it. I think she lost. She’s given me orders to repair the thing. If any of my loyal readers know anything about toaster fixing…
I looked at geocaching and Munzee maps of the Tashkent – Samarkand area. I’m rather keen on the idea of a holiday there. “er indoors TM’s firm does an eleven days tour from Tashkent to Samarkand. They pick you up from home and drive you home afterwards. It’s not a bad price, and if I don’t do this sort of touring holiday soon I will be too old. And if I don’t spend my pension money on it I will either fritter it away on Lego or croak and leave it to the dogs. The government says the place is safe (provided we stay away from the Afghan border)
All we need to do is sort out a dog-sitter.
 
We got ourselves organized and set off to Repton. As we drove Steve was doing the guess the lyrics contest on the radio. I had absolutely no idea.
We got to Repton and Dog Club, and it wasn’t long before dog mayhem ensued. We had a few new dogs along today, and as always new dogs go the same way. They turn up, get mobbed by the membership, spend about two minutes looking terrified, and then are in the thick of it all.
Dog club was great, as it usually is. And as we drove off I (eventually) got the mystery year contest on the radio right. When did Star Trek: The Next Generation first appear on BBC2? 1990.
 
We drove up to Badlesmere where we met Karl, Tracey and Charlotte, and we had a rather good walk around the local fields. The footpaths round Badlesmere make for a good walk. And with walk walked we had a very good dinner in the Red Lion. The food was excellent, the drink was not too shabby at all. But after an elegant sufficiency of ale and too much port, there’s no denying that the benedictine was arguably a tad too keen.
I took a few photos whilst we were out.
 
We came home… we must have done. I woke up in front of the telly underneath a pile of dogs to the sound of the door opening. “er indoors TM had gone to collect Darcie Waa Waa TM who is having a little sleepover. Having marched me up and down the garden and had a bag of “pink Christmas” (prawn cocktail crisps) she’s currently upstairs in the attic bedroom with her grandmother and the dogs.
I wish she’d keep the noise down.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment