25 November 2023 (Saturday) - Rather Busy

I slept well, but woke feeling oddly morose. I wonder why. Over brekkie I had my usual look at Facebook and saw my brother and nephew were off on their football adventures again. This time to Nottingham. Four and a half hours each way. I’ve said before that I really don’t understand the attraction of football. I wish I did; so many other people love it. One or two people were posting twee memes, and there were again an inordinate amount of posts about scantily clad teenage girls and dying dogs. People often talk about how social media spies on us and presents us with what we’ve been talking about and browsing for… if it did I would have endless posts about living dogs and Lego.
And someone with whom “er indoors TMworks passed his driving test this morning… before eight o’clock. What time do driving tests start?
 
Despite it being a cold morning we went to dog club. The rain has put us off recently, but cold and dry is far better than cold and wet. We had a great time with a dozen dogs running riot.
And with dog club done we set off on our second mission of the day. As we drove to Badlesmere Steve was doing the mystery year competition on the radio. In which year did Concorde stop flying after twenty-six years? I can remember seeing Concorde flying in 1976 when I was at my Uncle Eric’s house in Orpington… 1976 + 26 = 2002. I was one year out. It was 2003. “er indoors TM said that Steve actually said “twenty-seven years”.
For some reason the radio reception was rather iffy today (that’s my excuse!) and we were listening to the radio through “er indoors TM ‘s radio app on her phone.
 
We got to Badlesmere where Karl, Tracey and Charlotte were waiting for us, and we had a rather good walk round our usual circuit up there. As we walked there was a minor contretemps with some old bat (presumably the landowner) who quite rightly pointed out that we weren’t on the official footpath. However the reason for that was that there was a pheasant shoot taking place on the official footpath and it would have been extremely dangerous to have been where we should really have been.
When I get a minute I shall find an email address and tell her to piss off.
 
With walk walked we were soon back at the cars. As always we’d parked by the Red Lion pub (can you believe it?) where we had a particularly good bit of dinner. The dogs were a tad woofy over lunch, but there were quite a few dogs in the place today, and to be fair to the pups, once they’d woofed to tell us there were other dogs they (relatively) soon shut up again.
It would have been good to have stayed longer, but there was quite a bit on the agenda today. We said our goodbyes and came home.
 
“er indoors TM dropped me and the dogs home and she went off to collect “Daddy’s Little Angel TM”, “Stormageddon – Bringer of Destruction TMand “Darcie Waa Waa TM whilst I had a chat with the roofer. The chap got out a ladder and scrambled up on top of the roof. I didn’t go with him, but he took a few photos up there and showed them to me.
My suspicions were right; some maintenance is due.
 
“er indoors TMand the tribe arrived, and we all went up into Ashford for the Carnival of the Baubles. It was… I suppose it was OK. It could have been better. But billed as a festival of lights, maybe only one person in ten in the procession had made any effort. Most were just walking along in their everyday clothes. Would it have caused them physical pain to have stuck a glow-stick on their head or popped on a hi-vis jacket and joined in?
 
We came home and spent the evening watching daft animal videos on You-Tube.
I took a few photos during the day. It’s been a rather busy one.

No comments:

Post a Comment