23 November 2023 (Thursday) - Rostered Day Off

I had a rather good night’s sleep last night, which was something of a result. With “er indoors TM off to the office today I sorted the dogs’ brekkies, then as they all slept I sorted my own and had a little look at the Internet to see what had changed overnight.
Not much, really. A few people were posting to social media pointing out that today was the sixtieth anniversary of the first ever episode of “Doctor Who”, a few people were having birthdays, but this morning was a quiet one on the Internet.
 
I got dressed and took the dogs to the woods. As we drove out of Ashford it was a rather bright morning, but Kings Wood is high up, and we actually drove up into the fog. We had a rather misty walk, the fog not clearing until we were nearly half way round. We walked a longer walk today. Having been coming home covered in mud recently I had this naïve idea to stick to the better paths. But that made for a much longer walk (as it is all the short cuts that are muddy) and Morgan got caked in fox poo anyway.
 
We came home, scrubbed off the fox poo, and as Morgan’s frankly foul collar went through the washing machine I created the opening segment of my entry for next year’s Geocaching International Film Festival. I’ve got this idea that I need to make a rough and ready first draft of the entire thing, then work on improving each bit. If nothing else it will keep me out of mischief.
 
With the dogs asleep I spent the afternoon ironing and watching “Squid Game: The Challenge” which was a live-action version of “Squid Game” but in which no one croaked.
And then to the dentist for a root canal filling…

No comments:

Post a Comment