24 May 2022 (Tuesday) - Painted Dogs & Incinerated Chips

I slept well; a night shift does that for me, but I still woke half an hour before the alarm was due to go off. I managed to sneak to the bathroom without waking the puppies, and then had quite a serious mission. I'm not quite sure how I managed it but I managed to forget to have a shave yesterday, and scraping off two days' worth without severely lacerating myself took some doing.

I didn't make brekkie. I could see where the kettle and toaster had been stacked up, but I couldn't be arsed to dig them out. instead (seeing the puppies were now awake) I let them out of their crate. We had a little fuss and then both ran to the back door. I got them both into the garden where they both "did things". It's a very good sign that they both run to the back door to go out, but we still have little "accidents".

It is rather sad that one of the highlights of my life is tiddles and poops that aren't inside the house.

 

Leaving “er indoors TM snoring with all four dogs I set off to work. The pundits on the radio were trying to make mischief out of the latest photos of  the Prime Minster having parties during lockdown, but weren't achieving anything. For all that our Prime Minister is a bit of a twit, he is clearly a bomb-proof bit of a twit who can do no wrong in the eyes of the public. As Viz magazine (of all people) pointed out earlier this week, he really could go on live TV wiping his arse on the Turin shroud and the masses would still applaud him.

 

I got to work where I got a croissant for brekkie (from the works M&S) and as I had my brekkie I peered into the Internet. That geocache I created yesterday had gone live, and one person had solved the puzzle, but hadn't gone chasing to be first to find. I wonder who that person was. I'd like to think it was the geo-Fed who had published it, making sure that the checker worked.

I saw five friends had a birthday today; all five got the birthday video posted to their Facebook profiles.

And the selfie I'd posted to Facebook last night of me and Pogo had got a lot of "likes".

 

I got on with work. It wasn’t an arduous day today. I spent much of the day looking out the window at the bright day and planning a dog walk round the woods, and five minutes before I left work so the thunderstorm hit.

It turned out the storm had come up to Maidstone from Ashford, and so although I got home to find the rain had stopped, everywhere was wet. We didn’t go to the woods. Instead I took the bigger dogs round the local streets where we met an ex-colleague with whom I chatted for ages catching up on gossip.

We came home to find the last of the kitchen work being done. Ironic that on the last day both of the boys (Morgan and Pogo) should get covered in paint, but there it is.

 

With kitchen finally finished (Hoo-bloody-rah!) “er indoors TM boiled up some dinner. The new cooker seems to have a hatred of chips; seemingly wanting to incinerate them, but I suspect this is a phase it will get over.

Let’s hope so…

No comments:

Post a Comment