15 May 2022 (Sunday) - Another Lazy Day

I slept like a log last night; both the puppies nor “er indoors TM didn’t. Apparently she sat up with them until the dishwasher finished (we have a dishwasher!) I would have waited till the morning before washing dishes as the strange noise in the dark would be unsettling to baby dogs, but I was fast asleep by then.

I did have a vague plan to get up promptly this morning having had a tip-off that there would be new geocaches in Wye, but I didn’t emerge from my pit until an hour after they’d gone live. And in the world of being the first one to unearth a new Tupperware pot, an hour is an eternity. Instead I took the puppies round the garden (as I do) and then failed to stop them eating the bathroom’s doorstop as I had a shave.

 

I made toast and had a little look at the Internet. Ukraine won the Eurovision Song Contest that was on last night… and several people were pretending to be surprised about it on Facebook. We didn’t watch Eurovision last night; I’ve never seen the attraction. But then I’ve never understood the attraction of football or the Olympics or anything else that the masses lap up either. Apparently the UK came second (Note I say “The UK” and not “we”) with a song I have still to hear.

And there was a lot of consternation being expressed on one of the local Facebook pages. Yet another European lorry has been seen dangerously tail-ending other road users on the M20. This happens all the time; and I’ve had it happen to me. If you are obeying the speed limit on the dual carriageway bit of “Operation Brock” and a foreign lorry wants to go faster, they really do drive dangerously close up behind you, flashing their lights and blasting on their hooters. They get away with this partly because Kent Police are demonstrably utterly disinterested in doing anything (I’ve ranted about this ad nauseum in the past), and partly because the cameras on the automatic number plate recognition cameras don’t work on non-UK number plates.

It seems odd that the ones in Europe have no trouble recognising UK number plates…

 

As I scoffed toast “er indoors TM had a fight with the new oven (we have an oven too!) She claimed you need a degree to be able to operate the thing. I’ve got some of those but kept quiet. After a lot of swearing we (she) discovered that it doesn’t start working until you close the door.

And then I had something of a shock. The puppies had been charging round the living room playing their rather vigorous version of “chase” when Bailey leapt on to the sofa with me, hotly pursued by Morgan. Both puppies can now jump onto the sofa unaided.

 

I then took the big dogs out. We went to the park where it looked like there was a “Tidy Up The Park” session going on. There was nothing on the “Friends of Victoria Park” Facebook page about it, but (being totally racist) it did look like everyone involved was part of the big local Nepalese community. Had they organised something?

We had a good walk… mostly. As we walked I called the dogs away from another dog sporting a bright yellow harness. The woman with the dog wanted to know what my f…ing problem was. I explained that with such a bright yellow harness, it was clearly her dog with the f…ing problem. After a little f…ing it turned out that this woman had never heard of the “Yellow Dog Project” in which a dog wearing something bright yellow is a sign to give it space.

The woman with the fake yellow dog then remarked that she wondered why everyone seemed to avoid her… 

I then ran out the hose pipe to top up the fish pond, and with that topped up I finished off loading up the car for tomorrow’s tip run… once I’d found where I’d left it.
I spent an hour or so in NeverWinter, then with the dogs settled we went round to see “My Boy TM” where Cheryl was boiling up Sunday lunch. It was rather tasty. It was good to catch up, and I then drove us home.
 

Once home we watched last week’s episode of “Lego Masters: USA” which we paused half way through. As we were watching I was idly stroking Treacle when I felt something. She had a tick. That soon came out, and all four dogs were then given the third degree. No more ticks were found… I suppose bearing in mind how much they go out and about, the surprise is that we’ve not had more…

 

No comments:

Post a Comment