22 April 2022 (Friday) - Stuff

 

Despite finding that the bigger dogs had been using my bed as a hidey-hole for their tennis balls I slept far better last night than I have done all week, waking only twenty minutes before the  alarm was due to go off. I crept downstairs as silent as a carrot (to coin a phrase) and managing not to disturb the puppies I got to the bathroom and had a shave in peace.

I then woke  the babies and took them out to the garden. Both tiddled, both pooped, then Bailey attempted to do her "perpetual motion" trick by trying to eat that which she had just pooped out. I *think* I stopped her but dealing with a very small dog in the dark took some doing.

 

The puppies soon nodded off on my lap, and I guzzled a brekkie of Slimfast chocolate shake jollop whilst watching an episode of "Orange is the New Black"... and suddenly there was a commotion. Treacle came downstairs making enough noise to wake the dead and both puppies then kicked off. Treacle wanted to go into the garden so we all went out with her. I told the puppies about how good Treacle was by asking to go outside; in actual fact Treacle only wanted to go outside to play silly beggars. After stomping around the garden for five minutes (just as it was getting light) she then went back to bed.

 

I settled the puppies (who were asleep and stayed asleep while being settled) and set off to work. I stopped off after a few hundred yards as I wanted to check on one of my geocaches; having had a report that it had gone missing. This morning I'd received a log saying "didn't find it checked everywhere", and so wasn't impressed to see the supposedly missing cache exactly where it was supposed to be, in plain sight and clearly visible from ten yards away. Mind you the chap writing that log hadn't ever actually found any geocaches at all, so had no idea what he was looking for. I should really have checked that before wasting my time.

 

As I drove west-wards the pundits on the radio were talking about that idiot Boris Johnson who is in India. He's made a speech saying how he is making immigration to the UK easier for Indian workers as the UK desperately needs skilled workers and we've got a massive shortage of them. If only he hadn't led a campaign to get rid of all of the skilled immigrant workers, eh?

There was a lot of talk about how Germany is skimping on supplying weapons to Ukraine. How does that work? The NATO countries are supposedly scrupulously not getting involved in the Russia-Ukraine conflict but are actually supplying military hardware (ammunition and missiles) to the Ukrainians. The German government was being criticised  for not sending enough tanks. I would have thought that not sending tanks to a war zone goes hand-in-hand with not getting involved, but what do I know?

And the Large Hadron Collider is being turned on again today. Our old friend science is going to use it to make some dark matter. That will be nice.

 

Work was work. As I did my bit, so the new girls was stomping round the place singing (howling) some monotonously tedious religious dirge about how much she loves God. All I can say is that if her god loves her as much as she loves it, then it must be stone deaf.

 

Another early start made for another early finish. As I drove down the A21 I contemplated stopping. There was a dead deer on the roadside. What happens to dead deer? I had a vague idea of trying to hawk the carcass round the local butchers to see if anyone wanted any venison. Would I have had any takers? Would I have made any money? In the end I didn’t bother as I didn’t want deer fleas in the car in case they contaminated the dogs.

 

Once home we had another “dog school” session working on our recall. If nothing else Pogo and Morgan are very keen on getting dog treats and Bailey isn’t averse to them, so the session hasn’t been a total failure. Treacle generally doesn’t run amok and so isn’t usually an issue.

 

“er indoors TM  boiled up fish and chips which we scoffed whilst watching last week’s episode of “Star Trek: Picard” which was quite possibly the worst Star Trek episode I’ve ever seen. Such a shame.

“er indoors TM  is now emptying the kitchen cupboards in readiness for the new kitchen’s installation. Or she would be if dogs weren’t helping her…

No comments:

Post a Comment