12 November 2016 (Saturday) - Tea Party



After three hours sleep I found myself wide awake at 2.30am. Rather than laying in bed I got up and watched a little telly. Firstly a rather rubbish episode of “Game of Thrones”. Those who get rather obsessive about the show would say that the monumental battle of whatever-it-was is a turning point for the entire saga. I thought it was a lot of fighting and shouting that went on for about forty minutes too long.
I then watched the first episode of the second season of “Thunderbirds are Go”. I had no idea the second season had started; usually my SkyPlus box finds things like that for me. It was rather good.
I went back to bed at 4am and lay awake until finally nodding off shortly after 5am.
I got another three hours sleep.

I then had a little look-see on-line. The bank had emailed me to tell me of my “enhanced on-line banking experience”. I had half a mind to change my bank to one which wouldn’t have an “enhanced on-line banking experience” but would have “a new website” instead. Is anyone impressed by this nonsensical way of putting things?
I then had a look on Facebook. One or two people were posting about the death of Robert Vaughan. I quite liked him in “The Man from U.N.C.L.E.”.

I could have gone off tree-climbing today… I *could* have - but my weight combined with my rather painful tennis elbow doesn’t really lend itself to climbing. There was also the county geo-meet today but I wasn’t feeling it today. If only I could get a little more sleep I might feel a little more sociable.
Instead I took my little dog for a walk round the park. Fortunately we were late enough to miss the joggers. As we walked I saw a group of other dog walkers having a minor set-to with a collarless rather scruffy looking mutt. I got chatting with one of the walkers. He too has had altercations with the joggers in the past.
I had a vague plan to come home via the bakery, but the rain was getting heavier so instead I came home and spent an hour or so pondering a geo-puzzle. I have figured out who most of the golfers are. Presumably there is some competition each has won a certain amount of times. If I can find out which one it is that Arnold Palmer has won once and Nick Faldo twice then I might be on to something… I need to have it sussed by Thursday – I’ve organized a little walk on which I hope to find the cache which goes with this puzzle.

We collected
"Daddy’s Little Angel TM" and  "Stormageddon - Bringer of Destruction TM"  and went round to see Cheryl where the family and friends had gathered for a tea party for Lacey’s birthday. It was a rather gentle little event, but great fun. The children all had fun; and I had far too much party food to scoff. And Lacey’s little friend banned me from Rolo; she had this idea that I’d been feeding him party food. I don’t know where she got that idea from, and I was protesting my innocence when matching sausage roll crumbs were found on my jumper and on Rolo’s fur.

We came home, and "Daddy’s Little Angel TM" collected her Christmas decorations which were in storage in our attic room. I wonder how much else of hers we have up there. "er indoors TM" ran her home, and I dozed in front of the telly. Having been wide awake for much of the night I couldn’t keep awake for much of the afternoon.

We had been planning to go to Rye in the evening for the bonfire parade, but the weather was against it. In the past we’ve bonfired in the rain, but I wasn’t feeling it tonight. In fact this is the third year running I’ve backed out of going to Rye bonfire parade because of the bad weather.
So while "er indoors TM" went off to the film night I set about the mammoth pile of ironing which had mounted up over the last week or so. It only took three hours to shift…

No comments:

Post a Comment