28 November 2016 (Monday) - A Decision



I didn’t sleep that well last night, and got up well before the alarm was due to go off. As brekkie cooked I stood on the scales – I’ve lost another five pounds in weight. I’m going to investigate this “fast days” diet but in the meantime hunger is doing the trick. It is a shame that hungry hurts though.
As I scoffed my toast I watched Saturday’s episode of “Thunderbirds are Go”; although it is clearly a children’s program I quite like it. As I watched it my little dog came and sat with me. I quite like that too.

As I drove to work the radio was spouting its usual drivel but I wasn't really listening. I'd got my letter of resignation with me and I was still uncertain as to whether or not to hand it in. As I walked through the door of Morrisons I saw something which made my mind up for me.
I have all sorts of personal reasons for wanting to leave my current employer. Some rather petty and trivial, others not so. But the local newspapers were carrying the story about the review of hospital services in East Kent. The plan is... well, I won't go into details but the bottom line is that (in my opinion) if I don't jump ship I will either be left high and dry, or be transferred to Margate within a couple of years. So bearing in mind the hospital up the road in Maidstone is offering a recruitment incentive and Margate isn't the easiest of places to get to, I gave the boss my letter.
I start my new job eighteen miles up the motorway in eight weeks’ time. I wonder what the future holds. If the past is anything to go by it will be tears and smiles. Admittedly usually more smiles than tears, but time will tell.
It always does.

No comments:

Post a Comment