13 August 2010 (Friday) - Stuff

Up with the lark to see to a week’s worth of ironing. A dull job, but someone’s got to do it. And that someone was me. I got half of it done; I shall come back to the rest of it later. And then to work, which was much the same as ever, and home again to find my new kettle has been delivered. With a capacity of a gallon and a lid that actually comes off, it will certainly come in handy on our next camping trip. Washing up water doesn’t heat itself, you know. I just hope it lasts longer than the last two kettles. Washing up and ironing: welcome to my world.

In a novel break with tradition, this evening we sat down and watched telly – six episodes of “Man vs Food”. I’ve been recording it somewhat faster than I’ve been watching it. A wonderful program showing the culinary restraint of our American cousins. I *so* need to go to the US for dinner…


No comments:

Post a Comment