8 June 2023 (Thursday) - New Tyre


At the weekend I spent a few hours building a planter box for the garden. And four days later I woke up still aching and still in some pain. Is this normal? I know I'm not as young as I used to be, but am I really that​ decrepit? Bearing in mind that my Samsung health app says I'm walking more than eighty per cent of other people my age, perhaps I am? But the dogs want their walks, and if I was really overdoing it, I wouldn't be quite so fat... would I?

I made toast and watched an episode of "Shameless" in which our heroes did the dirty deed with their pants still on. I don't want to see "nasties in action" but undercrackers need to be removed for realism, if nothing else.
 
I got dressed and set off. As I left the house I saw that overnight someone had nicked the carpet washer that we'd left out last night for the bin men. Perhaps someone might be able to fix it? I couldn't.
I found where I'd left the car and set off to work. There was a lot of Whinging on the radio this morning.  The Ukrainian President was talking about the attack on the dam in Ukraine and was complaining that aid from the western countries wasn't coming fast enough. That bloke don't want much, does he? Not content with the western nations financing his war, he now wants us all to pay for the damage caused by fighting that war. And to hand over the money a sight faster too.
And Prince Harry was in the news again. This time over his appearances in court. Having been seeking publicity, he's now got the arse because he's got it. Does he want the spotlight or no? This morning it was claimed that what he is now saying is at odds with various records. I'm sorry, but Prince Harry has pissed on his chips, hasn't he. He could have been on the gravy train for life.  Smile at the proles, open a few hospitals and supermarkets... he could have had such an easy life.
 
As I got closer to work the car's tyre pressure warning went off. The back left one. Again. That had gone off on Monday, and I'd pumped the tyre up. And it went off yesterday when I arrived at “Daddy’s Little Angel TM”'s place yesterday and I’d pumped it up again.
Obviously there was a problem, so I phoned the tyre places in Maidstone (as I didn't fancy driving about with an iffy tyre). ATS said they could fix it next Wednesday. The closest branch of Kwik-Fit weren't answering the phone and the next closest (who were really good the last time I went to them) said they were short-handed and they could do it if I was happy to wait longer than usual.
The boss recommended a place that I'd never heard of just down the road from work. They said they could do me when I finished work.
 
Having a quiet afternoon I slipped out a few (ten) minutes early and drove to the Maidstone branch of Formula One Autocentre. I parked up, went in and was immediately greeted by a very friendly and helpful chap. He took the car key and told me to take a seat in the waiting room. Within minutes I was told the problem – there was a nail the size of a javelin through the tyre. There was too much damage to repair – the tyre had to be replaced. And sadly they’d not got any of the cheaper tyres in. Did I want to go somewhere else for a cheaper tyre? To be honest I couldn’t be bothered farting around (with a nail through the tyre) trying to save a few pennies. I’d already phoned three other places to no avail.
They replaced the tyre and I was on my way in less than twenty minutes after puling up.
 
I was about an hour later home than usual when on an early shift. I got home about the time we would usually be returning from our walk… at about the time when “er indoors TM was finishing for the day. She came to the woods with me and the dogs.
You can’t beat a walk round the woods.
 
“er indoors TM boiled up a very good bit of dinner which we scoffed whilst watching a couple of episodes of “Richard Osman’s House of Games”. It’s a really good show, but could benefit from two changes.
Firstly there should be some sort of introduction of the contestants on the show – actors, soap stars, comedians, sports personalities… Who are these people? I’ve never heard of most of them.
Secondly those taking part on the show should have some sort of test before the program is filmed to check they aren’t entirely stupid; it’s not fair to publicly humiliate some of the thicker contestants (on national TV) who don’t get a single answer right.

No comments:

Post a Comment