16 June 2021 (Wednesday) - Still Too Hot

Over brekkie I watched the third episode of the current series of “Inside No 9”. It was really good, thought-provoking, and I certainly didn’t see the twist at the end. Utterly unlike the first episode of the series which I suspect had many people turn off and not bother with the rest (which would have been such a shame).

 

Bearing in mind the weather forecast er indoors TM” and I took the dogs out early today. She wanted to hide some geocaches. I won’t say where and I didn’t post any piccies to Facebook as we walked. There really are those who stalk my movements in the desperate hope of getting a First to Find by seeing where I’ve been (can you believe it?!). We walked about two miles, we gave the dogs lots of water, but the heat was too much for them. Both stopped to lie down and refused to go any further until they’d had a rest (twice).

 

With walk walked I hung out a second load of washing, then had a little look-see in the lock-ups. I put up the event shelter and some tables (for later) and looked at our metal camping tables. When I say “looked at”, that is what I did. I looked at them. Over the years we have used them to destruction. I really need to put them all up and salvage maybe two useable tables out of the bits and throw the rest away. But I need a day which is not baking hot in which to do it. I then ran out the hose and set up a paddling pool for the dogs. They are funny things – they are straight into muddy ditches and stagnant ponds but show no interest whatsoever in clean water.

I straightened out the shingle by the pond (i.e. kicked it about to cover the weed-proof membranes) then sat and watched the pond fish for a bit. One of them looked to be swimming rather oddly. Is he sickening for something? As I stared at the fish so er indoors TM” came up with an iced caramel coffee. Very nice.

 

By mid-day the washing was dry, and it was too hot to be outside, so I set about the ironing whilst watching episodes of “Four In A Bed” as I do. As always those who were the most critical of others were the ones who were actually the poorest performers themselves. 

As the afternoon cooled so I went into the garden and organised chairs and tables, and it wasn’t long before “My Boy TM” and Cheryl arrived so we could celebrate (if that is the right word) what would have been the last evening of our foreign holiday. We had a rather good evening sitting in the garden; having spent hours of effort on it over the last few months (and over seven hundred quid) it was good to enjoy it. er indoors TM” boiled up a very good bit of dinner which we washed down with copious amounts of beer. Usually I’d be on the ale, but what with the heat of the day I had something of a "strange beer from the Polish shop" sort of evening.

We sat and scoffed and drank up until ten to nine when the forecast rain arrived (ten minutes early). We got most of the chairs and tables and stuff into the shed; the event shelter can be put away tomorrow once it dries out.
The forecast rain has come – I wonder if we will get the forecast thunderstorms too?

No comments:

Post a Comment