7 May 2021 (Friday) - Bit Tired

I had something of a restless night. Treacle had shoved up against me and had made herself comfortable by taking up probably two thirds of the bed space I had thought was mine. I suppose it could have been worse; it could have been Pogo (who is quite a bit bigger). Eventually I conceded defeat and went downstairs where I then had an ongoing battle with Sid who flatly refused to settle. Admittedly the reason he didn't want to settle was that he'd (quite literally) crapped the bed, but even with that sorted he insisted on a continual stream of squeaking and barking as I scoffed toast and watched "Hardy Bucks" which I'm slowly getting into. It's an entertaining show, but understanding the Irish accent takes some doing. I tired of Sid's noise, didn't bother looking at the Internet (for once) and got dressed.

 

I set off to work on a bright morning. There was a lot of political talk on the radio today. Whilst most of the council elections still haven't been called yet, the result of the by-election in Hartlepool had been. It was an unmitigated disaster for the Labour party. When you bear in mind the endless scandals surrounding the Conservative party (only the other week the Prime Minister's brother got a job with Dyson - the lot the PM promised tax breaks to), doesn't it speak volumes that the public still see them as preferable to the Labour party?

With all the talk of politics the row over Jersey was glossed over (the French are blockading St Helier's harbour and the Navy making threatening gestures - I have said before  that there will be war with France in my lifetime!) Amazingly the French have got the contract to build some of the most important digital components of the next batch of frigates for the Royal Navy.

Does no one else see a problem here?

 

I popped to a rather busy petrol station to re-fuel (as I didn't have enough petrol to get home!) then went round to Aldi. I used to regularly call in at Aldi before work, but what with one thing and another I've not been there for ages. Mind you it hadn't changed much in the meantime. I got this, that, and more toilet roll than sense and headed in to work where I actually did nod off a couple of times. 

Work was work; I came home to find er indoors TM” had taken the dogs out, so I dozed in front of the telly for a while. We scoffed a rather good bit of dinner whilst watching this week’s episode of “Taskmaster”. I stayed awake for that but I suspect I shall sleep through whatever comes on telly next…

No comments:

Post a Comment