I woke at four o'clock. The pain in my shoulder had
returned with a vengeance. I couldn't get comfortable so I got up, made toast
and watched an episode of "Stranger Things", then had a little
look at the Internet. It was still there, and there wasn't much of note on
there early on a Sunday morning.
I tried not to disturb anyone as I got dressed, but as
I did so “er
indoors TM” had an attack of cramp
and made enough noise to wake the dead. It you are wondering what woke you at
quarter to six this morning, that was her.
I set off west-wards to work. I tried listening to the
radio but the news was depressing. That idiot Donald Trump is pursuing his war
in the Middle East for no other reason than that because he can (from what I
can see).
And there was talk of the new Prime Minister looking
to start drilling
for oil in the North Sea (again). What with the state
of the Middle East he'd be daft not to.
This was followed by what I can only describe as utter
tripe, so I turned off the radio and listened to my Adriam Mole audiobooks.
They were far clearer that the Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy MP3s I've been
listening to. I'll see if I can get better versions of those.
As I drove I was held up by two sets of traffic
lights. No road works, just traffic lights. You'd think that whoever was
responsible for traffic lights would take them down when there is quite
obviously no need for them. I was also held up by a swarm of cyclists on the
A262. You'd think they'd take the more scenic lanes, wouldn't you? I certainly
used to back in the day when I had a bike.
I got to work and had a little chat with the girl who
was finishing the night shift. She used to work where I used to work, and
listening to her reminiscing made me remember just how unhappy I'd been working
in that place for so long. It took me years to realise that a workplace didn't
have to be hell on Earth, and that I didn't have to feel physically sick at the
thought of going to work.
I did what I couldn't avoid and it wasn’t really that
long until I was on my way home. But by the time I’d got home and had a little
sleep (the very early start had caught up with me) it was too late to do
very much.
I played Meowdoku whilst “er indoors TM” boiled
up a very good bit of stir-fry which we scoffed whilst watching the final of “The
Traitors USA” which turned out to be something of a triumph of deception
over decency. Much like life in general really… We followed this with a show in
which all the contestants came back together and talked about how the show had
gone. The reunion would have been a lot better had it featured the chap who’d
hosted the show rather than wheeling on someone new. I couldn’t really
concentrate on the reunion show itself… I’m not sure what was the most
distracting; the host being cross eyed, the obvious over-acting, the ridiculous
hats or the rampant brazen chest-brandishing of the lady contestants.
My shoulder still hurts.

No comments:
Post a Comment