21 November 2021 (Sunday) - Badlesmere

Despite a rather vivid dream in which Jose persuaded us to take a day trip to Canada I slept for over nine hours list night. I sleep well after night shifts, but they clearly mess with my head; why else would I have thought that I could have started up a bureau de change in Vancouver selling seventy-five pence for a quid? To be fair it would have been a nice little earner.

 

I made toast and rolled my eyes as I read Facebook. Someone living locally had another car bash into her parked car yesterday and was asking if anyone had any dashcam footage of what had happened. She also offered whoever it was who did it the chance to own up before going to the police. Whilst having your car damaged isn’t fun, this woman did herself no favours. Why wait a day or so for Facebook to pass its judgement before going to the police…  And then I remembered my endless ranting of the past. This is Kent police isn’t it… the same lot who told me not to waste police time by formally complaining when they arrested and imprisoned an innocent member of my family with no evidence whatsoever. I doubt Kent police would do anything with dashcam footage. I saw the dashcam footage that they were given when “Stormageddon – Bringer of Destruction TM‘s father was run over by a car going through a red traffic light. If they refused to do anything over that, I can’t see them getting off their arse for a bashed wing mirror.

 

I programmed “Hannah” then got ready for the day. We drove up to Kings Wood. Hoping to meet with Tracey, Karl and Charlotte, we met with disaster. The car park at Kings Wood can sometimes be a bit busy but once we get a few hundred yards from the car park we can walk miles without seeing anyone. But this morning we not only found the car park full with stalls but there were cars up and down the lanes for as far as the eye could see. Apparently today was an annual triathlon event. Even if we had managed to park the cars, the woods would have been filled with runners. I would have thought that the organisers might have publicised their intention to monopolise the woods; if only to let the likes of us know to go somewhere else.

Fortunately Badlesmere wasn’t too far up the road so we drove a few miles and wandered round exploring (as we do). Starting from the Red Lion there are some wonderful walks to be had there. And there’s not too much in the way of hills either. There are pheasants everywhere though, which can be a problem. But the dogs got to be off of their leads for much of the way, and we had a very good walk. The weather was odd though. We sat and had a really good picnic lunch, but an hour later we sat in the beer garden at the Red Lion and shivered. How can the temperature change so quickly?

 

I took a few photos as we walked. Once home I showed them to the world, and we had a cuppa with scones, jam and cream. Very nice. Pogo snuggled up to me and I then snored for an hour or so in front of the telly. 

“er indoors TM” boiled up a rather bit of dinner which we scoffed whilst watching tonight’s episode of “Doctor Who” which was a lot better than what has gone before in the current series and was a lot better than anything the show has put out for a few years.  I want to like it…

No comments:

Post a Comment