25 September 2021 (Saturday) - Lazy Day

I slept like a log despite a rather vivid nightmare in which an old work colleague “attempted to get jiggy”. I wasn’t having any of it though; if I don’t take a puritanical stance, who will?

I made toast and peered into the Internet. It would seem that yesterday’s nationwide panic-buying of fuel (for no reason whatsoever) was carrying on. Or was it. People would report hour-long queues at Tesco or Sainsburys to Facebook only to have other people say there were no queues at all.

I really couldn’t help but laugh – two days ago some people had posted photos to social media of petrol stations with closed pumps. This morning the very same people were lambasting everyone else for panic-buying. 

There was a knock at the door. It was the birthday boy. “My Boy TM” and his entourage were off to Chessington for the day and we were dog-sitting for Ro-Ro. There was a minor bit of excitement in that at the last minute Lacey had dropped out of the trip and did I want to go in her place. Did I?! Just as I was about to sprint upstairs to get ready so Cheryl pointed out that the spare ticket was a child’s one and I wouldn’t get in on a child’s ticket.

They set off leaving us with Ro-Ro and me in a bit of a sulk.

“er indoors TM  prepared for a geo-maintenance run whilst I worked on my Wherigo, and once she was ready we drove up to Badlesmere where we made sure all the geocaches that “er indoors TM” had hidden there were all in good order.

They were.

Apart from the first part of the walk being over-run with pheasants the walk went well. Ro-Ro was a little bit of a princess and had to be carried over the ploughed fields, but other than that he seemed to like the walk.

As we’d driven out we’d seen cars queuing up Brookfield Road waiting to get into the petrol station. As we came home we saw the BP garage at the top of Beaver Road had closed off its forecourt (presumably having run out of petrol).

Apparently there is no actual petrol shortage; it’s just that people think there is and are panic-buying presumably to create one.

 

I then spent the afternoon alternately working on my latest Wherigo project and shrieking at Treacle who would not stop barking. After several hours of effort I had a first simulator trial which failed halfway round because I had forgotten to add my seventh input to my dialogue (as one does).

 

It was at this point that “My Boy TM” and his entourage arrived back from Chessington to collect Ro-Ro. We chatted for a bit, putting the world to rights before they set off to see if they’d left it too late to go panic-buying petrol.

“er indoors TM” set off to a party, but I decided to give it a miss. I’ve an early start tomorrow and having an ale apocalypse probably isn’t conducive to that. So I spent a little more time working on my Wherigo… It’s kept me out of mischief these last few days and is now all but ready for field testing.

I’ve had something of a lazy day today… more and more these days I feel that is want I want.

Soon be bed time…

No comments:

Post a Comment