Pages

15 September 2026 (Tuesday) - A Bit Of Whinging

I slept well… once I got to sleep. What with this carpal tunnel nonsense my arm seriously hurts unless I lay on my back.
I got up earlier than I might have done and watched an episode of “Alley Cats”; Ricky Gervais’s latest thing. It was rather good.
 
The internet was rather quiet at six o’clock this morning so I Munzed, Wordled from “hurts” through “tribe”, “metal” and “leapt” to “dealt”. I got ready for work and set off for work.
 
As I drove up the motorway the pundits on the radio were saying that Donald Trump has announced that any possibility of artificial intelligence taking over the world is a hoax. That's nice. We can all sleep safely following this latest pronouncement from the world's most powerful and most feeble-minded simpleton. I really don't understand why the American congress doesn't just give him a colouring-in book to keep him occupied whilst someone who isn't demonstrably senile is found to take command.
Meanwhile one of Vladimir Putin's cronies has paid for Donald Trump's son's wedding... would any other world leader allow that? Quod erat demonstrandum as they used to say in ancient Rome...
 
I went into Sainsburys to get lunch. I thought about taking in cakes to celebrate yesterday's anniversary... but thought better of it. There have been many changes in the workplace over the years; both in the technicalities of what we do and in the culture. And perhaps one of the worst changes is the reduction in people bringing in cakes. For the most part it really is a thing of the past
And I had a message from “Daddies’ Little Angel TM. She’d been taking Pogo for a walk when he’d gone rogue and whipped a homeless chap’s lunch. He’s done similar things when I’ve taken him out before. Twice. It’s rather amusing all the time someone else is walking him and all the time he’s having someone else’ lunch.
 
Being on an early shift I got out of work promptly. As time goes by I’m finding the early starts to be getting more like hard work. But I like the early finish. I came home and spent much of the early evening dozing. The constant pain of this carpal tunnel nonsense is rather wearing. As is the constant whistling of the tinnitus.
I really don’t like whinging about it almost as much as I don’t like the ongoing pain and whistling.
There’s talk of a bottle of plonk with dinner later…

No comments:

Post a Comment